The CONSONANCE WAX Engine is a quite remarkable new turntable. There are more sensible design features that are beneficial to analogue playback in this turntable than those costing several times
Main bearing & Spindle
If you must have a bearing then it better be a good one. The Wax Engine features a stepped stainless steel spindle that encapsulates a ceramic ball at the business end. This rides on a teflon pad and
with a few drops of oil provides a low friction surface. The spindle is housed in a brass housing. The spindle is relatively "short" which results in a platter with a low centre of gravity and as a
result, rotation is notably free and stable.
The DC motor is a high quality Mabuchi with a patented DC servo supply.
The tonearm is a "unipivot" design which is not unique and although have known advantages also have well recognised problems. Rather than a "needle" point commonly used, Wax Engine features a
proprietary low friction brass bearing in the horizontal mode and "pre loaded stainless" in the vertical. The arm tube is aluminum, terminated in a low mass headshell, antiskate is achieved by a rod
and rider weight. A remarkable achievement in a tonearm at this price level.
All mounted on an aluminium "T" section chassis with isolation feet. A serious attempt to give the recordings their best shot.
9” effective length
Motor power supply
145 x 385 x 345mm (H x W x D)
Review 2 http://totallywired.co.nz
Mounting distance arm base 214mm
Tone arm length 9’’
Arm tube made of carbon-fibre
Offset 23 degree
Cartridge weight 4-22g
Down force range 10-35mN
Weight(without counterweight) 37g
The CONSONANCE 9" and 12" tonearms have outstanding performance and great flexibility.
These arms stand directly within our company motto, "Simple Human". Their simplicity is what makes them not only look and feel better but also perform better. With the oil damped pivot these arms can accept almost all types of MM and MC cartridges with no difficulty, heavy or light cartridges are not a problem. We at Consonance have strived to make an affordable arm with a low set up time so that you can enjoy it quickly after getting it. It has a totally clean look, there are no extra 'gadgets' to get in the way. It is designed for listening pleasure not for it looks, but don't let that fool you. Its looks are very pleasing but the sound is what will really make you satisfied.
We designed the T988 and T1288 as a unipivot-radial design with 2 different arm lengths.
And an affordable price, to make anyone a true audiophile.
Our unique arms have:
1. A single rounded point unipivot bearing
2. Carbon fibre arm tube
3. Oil damping and low mass, excellent for MC cartridges.
4. Separate adjustments for VTA and Azimuth
5. Easy anti-skating adjustment
6. BONUS! We can also offer an extra arm shaft for those who want to have both lengths. That way you can switch between 9" and 12".The extra arm shaft will include the headshell and the top bearing. The tonearm weight can be switched easily between the two arms so an extra one is NOT included.
T988 9 Inch tonearm T1288 12Inch tonearm
Droplet LP5.0MKII Turntable System with Special Made Stand
Droplet LP 5.0 is not simply a turntable, rather it is a 'system' consisting of turntable and stand, it is constructed from two slabs of polished pale marble separated by massive, triangular sections and supported by anodized-alloy columns - all tensioned by threaded rods running through the structure. The shape of the marble echo's the curves of the turntable, with the columns directly beneath the cones on the base of the turntable.
The design is kept relatively simple, following well established 'best practices' - it is a conservative design. In essence it is a solid plinth design carrying a massive, tool-steel, inverted-bearing sleeve/shaft with a ceramic ball as the actual load bearing structure. Though similar to other turntables out there, the LP-5 is quite different in one respect, the stand. Opera sells this table with an integrated marble stand. see more of this review...
The German AC motor rests in a separate housing which then sits on a cork base within the wooden section of the plinth.
The main bearing and mounting board of the arm is rigidly linked. Both are bolted to a 1 cm thick alloy plate which sits via three alloy cylinders onto the wooden part of the plinth.
New AC motor,high precision speed controller PS-1,new high quality bearing
The newest turntable from Consonance named “Die Walküre” from the famous opera Die Walküre of Wagner.
Featuring the use of “sandwich” mixed material base, air damping system,and support for up to 3 tone arms.
Wow and Flutter Less than 0.03
Rumble Greater than 80dB down
Speed accuracy Within 0.01%
Motor power DC 12V
The Isolde turntable, named after a Wagner Opera character, is designed for those customers who like a classical style but don't like all the set-up work.
The Isolde continues with the high quality character just like all the other Opera Audio turntables.
The turntable consists of a super accurate adjustable DC motor, a point-to-point low noise bearing and a solid plinth, with an air ball damping system to make the sound fuller and more relaxing.
The matched carbon fibre T8 9" tone arm has a very simple set-up and adjustments,just attach a cartridge, set the recommended stylus weight, VTA and you are ready to go.
New review summer 2014
This sleek looking vinyl cleaning machine is a must-have for serious analog lovers with decent collection of high quality vinyl.
It will maintain your records collection in top notch condition, reduce wear-and-tear to your expensive cartridge, and keep your vinyl resale value high.
- Aluminum body with sandy aluminium top plate - easy to maintain and unlike wood surface, it leaves no visible stains
- Sandwich design acrylic top and bottom plate over/under the motor - effectively reduce noises during high power vacuuming process
- 800w high power vacuum motor to produce high torque rotation - quick and efficient cleaning[WARNING-- It's Noisy!]
- A fine brush attached to vacuum sprout on spring - no accidental damage to your precious vinyl and can adjust to any record thickness
- A brushed aluminum record clamp is provided to be screwed on the spindle - protect labels from the wet cleaning process so your vinyl stays in mint condition
- Rear power plug socket - detachable IEC power cord provided , just 7Kg!
- Two front switches - one for rotating, one for vacuuming
- Rear attached excessive fluid outflow rubber tube - in case you put too much liquid to the unit, this will allow to drain it off safely